Newsletter March 2012
These heavenly treats are a favourite at Anahata, and have been especially popular at our stalls at local festivals, which have seen many people coming back for more. We will share with you here our version of the ‘bliss ball’. Use this as a springboard to get creative and create your own piece of bliss.
· dates (two 400g packets)
· milk powder
· ground almonds
· carob or cocoa
· a few drops of vanilla essence
· sesame seeds
· finely chopped pieces of crystalised ginger.
· nut butter (eg. tahini) – optional
The quantities you use of each ingredient are best estimated. Start with around two packets of dates and add portions of the other ingredients until the desired taste and consistency is reached.
1. Heat dates with a small amount of water until they break down into a thick chutney consistency.
2. Add desired spices, i.e. cardamom and cinnamon, and other tasty goodies such as vanilla essence, ginger, nut butter, carob or cocoa.
3. To thicken the mixture use ground almonds and coconut (for a vegan option) or milk powder for a rich dairy treat.
4. Roll mixture into balls. Then roll balls in toasted coconut and sesame seeds for a tasty coating.
Enjoy your state of bliss!